Classes During COVID-19
Due to health & safety concerns during the pandemic, the Academy is only running weekly Beginner classes on Thursdays at Katherine Fleischer Park in Wells Branch, TX
Additionally, all school travel and events for the near future have been cancelled.
These include tournaments, workshops, demonstrations, and lectures.
All established students have been divided into 4-person, isolated training groups to help maintain distancing & contain any possible outbreaks.
We are maintaining a strict set of safety policies, described below.
If you are interested in attending, but are unsure whether it’s safe to do so, contact us using the form below.
Safety Policies During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We take our safety seriously and expect our students to do so, as well. As such, the below are safety policies that the Academy of Western Martial Arts has put in place during the current pandemic.
- All students are required to wear a face mask made of cloth or better during class. Bandanas or other loose coverings are NOT adequate for a high-intensity, partner-based activity.
- NO grappling for the duration of the pandemic, either dedicated or at the sword.
- Students who own their own protective equipment may NOT share it with others.
- School equipment should be used by only ONE person per class, should NOT be shared with others, and WILL be thoroughly disinfected after every class.
- School equipment will be placed into a pile of used gear at class-end for disinfection.
All AWMA instructors have been trained in the above and been given authority to refuse participation to anyone not following the above policies, even on first offense.